How to File an EEO Complaint

By John V. Berry,

This is an article for federal employees, former federal employees or federal employee retirees and the process for filing an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complaint Our firm is often asked about the proper way to initiate an EEO complaint for those in the federal sector.  A current, retired or former federal employee or applicant for federal employment who believes he or she has been discriminated against because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or in retaliation for past EEO activity (or for opposition to discrimination) may file an EEO complaint against the federal agency involved.

Continue reading

Sexual Orientation Discrimination – The Current State of the Law

By John V. Berry, Esq.,

Our lawyers handle sexual orientation discrimination cases, representing employees who have been discriminated or faced retaliation as a result of sexual orientation discrimination. Until very recently, the ability to pursue sexual orientation claims under the Civil Rights Act look like fairly settled law.  However, there have been recent changes for employees to at least consider when considering the filing of such claims.

Continue reading